Friday, October 27, 2017

Silver Plate deuxième partie

 In 2014 I started making wind chimes using silver plated flatware.  Over the last couple of years I have expanded the line to include silver plated tea pots, coffee pots, creamers and sugar bowls.
  











 They have been very popular and fun to make. 

But another aspect of working with the silver plate flatware has been the pieces.  Sometimes, when I purchase a "lot" or box of silver plate, pieces have been cut, bent or broken. What to do, what to do???   

So I experimented and came up with my Garden Guardians. 


Hanging from a steel chain off of a 3  foot shepherds hook, they spin and flutter in the breeze.  The polished silver twinkles in the sunlight to add a whimsical sparkle to the garden.















No comments:

Post a Comment